Thursday, August 07, 2008

McCain 317 – 221

Today, my first prediction of the Electoral Vote for the 2008 Presidential Election IF the contest is between Sen. John McCain and Sen. Barack Obama.

The above prediction is based on everything I know at this point and my read of the hemorrhaging of the Obama campaign. I think I’m way out in front of any political analyst in predicting such a massive McCain victory, a victory that I think can only grow larger barring any unforeseen catastrophic event harmful to McCain. I’ll update the prediction based on just major events between now and Election Day (the VP selections, the conventions, Associate Justice Stevens announcing his retirement from the U.S. Supreme Court, videotape of Michelle Obama burning an American Flag in 2002 appearing on You Tube, or major gaffes, for examples).

The state-by-state breakdown (electoral votes) completely ignoring that Maine and Nebraska can split their Electoral Votes. Of the 9 total votes, Sen. McCain gets 5.

33 States and 317 Electoral Votes for Sen. McCain as follows: Texas (34), Florida (27), Ohio (20), Michigan (17), Georgia and North Carolina (15), Virginia (13), Indiana, Missouri, and Tennessee (11), Minnesota and Arizona (10), Alabama, Louisiana, and Colorado (9), South Carolina and Kentucky (8), Oklahoma and Iowa (7), Arkansas, Mississippi, and Kansas (6), West Virginia, New Mexico, Nevada, and Nebraska (5), New Hampshire and Idaho (4), North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Alaska, and Montana (3).

16 States and the District of Columbia and 221 Electoral Votes for Sen. Obama as follows: California (55), New York (31), regrettably Pennsylvania and Illinois (21), New Jersey (15), Massachusetts (12), Washington (11), Maryland and Wisconsin (10), Oregon and Connecticut (7), Hawaii, Maine and Rhode Island (4), Vermont, Delaware and the District of Columbia (3).

Last two states in McCain’s total: Nevada and Iowa

Last two states in Obama’s total: Pennsylvania and Oregon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may be the first with an Electoral estimate, but I take exception to your claim to being the "first" to call a landslide. I am the first, on these very pages. I can't remember the date, but I believe it was in June when I wrote in my "right & wrong, good versus evil" post that it would be a landslide for McCain.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home