Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Your VP Picks and Why

Summer baseball (son), basketball (daughter), and hockey (son, again) as well as one of my kid's (other daughter) theater productions and my post-work commitments have occupied the last three nights and will occupy the next three nights leaving me little time to construct my own post on Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama's VP picks.

Since I think one announcement is imminent, I turn it over to my readers (let's see how many of you there are) to give me your picks with a brief explanantion why.

If no VP picks are made by Sunday, I'll add my thoughts.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Mitt Romney is shoo-in for McCain. He picks up the economy side of McCain that is weak. Also, the VP choice here must have dark hair- can't have two whiteys on the ticket, lest they look too old. As for Obama, that's a harder call, but I don't think it will be Hillary.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree it will be romney and i only know it will not be edwards

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack Reed - accompanying Obama on his trip was interesting, it could be him.

Romeny - for the reasons right-of-center said - economy and youthful appearance.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clinton, in a no-brainer. GObama '08!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZR, I hate to disappoint you but the question is moot. Obama and anyone will defeat McCain and anyone.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

McCain will pick Romney. I will be surprised by this because I don't fully appreciate the "pull" Mitt has in the mid-west, particularly Michigan. I don't fully appreciate the Romney factor in the mid-west because I live in Tax-achussetts where the Boston Globe ridicules Mitt as sport even though he was a much more effective governor than their moon-bat guy (Deval Patrick). Mitt is of course the most qualified man in America to be President, but the Globe refuses to acknowledge his greatness. Obama's pick will be a second tier player because Sen. Obama is insecure. His ego simply won't allow him to pick the right choice--a strong leader who can step into his shoes. Its a lot like the GHWB choice of Dan Quayle.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home