Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Michelle's a Militant; Barack's not a Muslim

For those who have not seen the cover of the latest issue of The New Yorker magazine, surf the web for a moment or two and get a glimpse.

As everyone knows, The New Yorker is an extremely liberal rag. The cover, of Sen. Obama in a turban and fist bumping a machine-gun toting Michelle in an Oval office with a picture of Osama bin Laden over an American flag burning in the fireplace, is explained by The New Yorker as satire. The New Yorker is satirizing all the claims and attacks that Sen. Clinton and her supporters hit Sen. Obama with during the primaries (this isn't what they're really satirizing, they're really satirizing attacks NOT made by Sen. McCain but that's how extreme and in-the-tank The New Yorker is for Sen. Obama).

Anyway, Sen. Obama is not a Muslim; he is no fan of Osama bin Laden; and, he is no fan of burning the American flag (Bloggers Note: Hopefully this does not come as a surprise to anyone but I believe the right to burn the flag is protected by the 1st Amendment. I would never do so and I would judge people that did, accordingly.).

That's the brilliance of the piece.

Michelle Obama is a black militant and The New Yorker is trying to dismiss this valid criticism of Mrs. Obama against the invalid criticism of her husband.

First, I think, I do not know, that Michelle is the person that put Barack in Rev. Wright's Church.

Second, I do not think Michelle was offended by the phrase, "God damn America!," any time she heard the phrase, in Church or out.

Finally, I do think she spoke honestly when she recently said for the first time in her adult life she was proud of America.

I've been proud of America tens of tens of times in my adult life and I can't recall an incident where the specific reason for my pride was the color of someone's skin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home