Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yes, You Bet There is a Racial Divide

The latest New York Times / CBS News poll showing a wide disparity between how blacks think of Sen. Obama and how whites think of Sen. Obama could not have been cheered more by the self-loathing, guilty, white, liberal elitists at the New York Times.

You could feel the Times’ glee in reporting that, “More than 80% (it was actually 83%) of black voters said they had a favorable opinion of Mr. Obama; about 30% of white voters said they had a favorable opinion of him.”

The title of the article sharing the poll results was, “Poll Finds Obama candidacy Isn’t Closing Divide on Race.” The indictment is of white America.

So, I looked and looked in the article but I could not find the Times’ reporting on how voters felt about Sen. McCain. I had to go to the poll results and hunt through 33 pages of poll data to find what the Times ignored because the facts don’t support its narrative.

Are you ready for what I found?

35% of whites said they had a favorable view of Sen. John McCain, just barely more than the 30% who had a favorable view of Sen. Obama.

5%, no that’s not a typing mistake, I didn’t drop a “0” after the “5”, just 5% of blacks have a favorable view of the white candidate for President.

I have not read a transcript of Sen. McCain’s speeches last week to The National Council of La Raza or to the NAACP. I’ll simply accept the reporting on both speeches that Sen. McCain was aware the audience in each case was well aware of their self-identification. And, that’s a shame.

I’m sure Sen. McCain’s speeches did not begin, “My fellow Americans, . . . .” And, that’s a shame.

Sen. McCain should have used my August 6, 2006 post for the basis of both of his speeches. I provide the link to that post here (paste into browser or just click on "August 2006" in the archives list at right and scroll to August 6) so everyone can easily re-read what I think are the issues that appeal to voters . . . regardless of their skin color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or any other characteristic that self-identifiers cling to.

http://zacklyright.blogspot.com/2006_08_01_archive.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

five percent for a prisoner of war who endured torture rather than cooperate with the enemy

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home