Monday, September 18, 2006

Random Thoughts (some re-cycled)

The Boston Globe printed a letter last week that sarcastically acknowledged gasoline prices were falling in advance of the November elections. The letter writer and the Boston Globe seeing conservative conspiracies everywhere. My goodness they're so paranoid, cynical and hate-filled. Here's an idea, maybe, just maybe it isn't a future event that has had a postive impact on prices. Just maybe a President, a Secretary of State and a UN Ambassador are reaping their just reward for negotiating a peaceful resolution to the recent Hezbollah attack on Israel. Just maybe peace is playing a role.

Sen. John F. Kerry, the Great Equivocator, says President Bush is failing America because "he" hasn't captured or killed Osama bin Laden. House Minority Leader, Nancy Pelosi says that it would be no great accomplishment if the United States military did capture or kill Osama bin Laden. So, if you are a liberal extremist, you can celebrate either side. Good for you guys.

In Bob Woodward's "Bush at War", Woodward quotes people inside the Bush Administration time and again saying that the war against terrorists is not about just one man. That capturing or killing just one man would not be the determining factor of success. I guess Rep. Pelosi agrees with the President. I'm sure a liberal extremist can explain how Pelosi is right and the President is wrong.

Of course, I believe the brave women and men of the United States Armed Forces captured Saddam Hussein and I believe the same women and men have not "yet" captured Osama bin Laden. I think only Senator Kerry and the dolts that follow him believe the military captured Hussein and President Bush has allowed bin Laden to remain free. Dolts with a capital "D".

I'll not accuse the Democrats of dirty tricks if a terror attack occurs before the November elections if the Democrats don't accuse the President of dirty tricks if bin Laden is captured or killed before election day. I know, I know, it's offensive for me to suggest such a thing about the Democrats. But that's the problem. Their equally offensive insinuation offends nobody on the extreme Left . . . or the Right, for that matter. Yeah, the President is risking American lives for political advantage. That's Dolts, again, with a capital "D".

On August 14 I posted Bush should fire his entire communications team. Last week the President barnstormed the Country and made his case to the American people about the danger terrorists pose to our Country. This week his poll numbers are up. I haven't gotten my "thank you" note from Mr. Tony Snow yet.

The Dow is again within striking distance of its all-time high. I wonder if the Communication team is going to point this out before election day?

Hey, congratulations to President Bush for not causing any hurricanes so far this year killing Americans and destroying American property. Again, it sounds so stupid but the converse didn't sound as stupid to so many people . . . blaming the President for hurricanes killing Americans and destroying American property.

And, as I've done about 5 times now, let's all recall together that on the eve of Hurricane Katrina hitting New Orleans, Secretary of Homeland Defense, Michael Chertoff, was attending a conference on the bird flu (the liberal extemists still making the argument, I think, that if Chertoff was in New Orleans the hurricane would have missed New Orleans?!?!). I suspect his attendance at the conference will still be very important some day in the next few years. I just want to make sure everyone remembers how seriously the Bush Adminstration took the bird flu and the possibility of a pandemic.

Heck, while I'm at it, Steelers over the Jaguars in tonight's Monday Night Football game 27 - 13.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your sports predictions leave something to be desired.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Zack said...

Anonymous, go back and read my post of August 23, 2005 and then come back and then let me know how brilliant I am on things that matter.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home