Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Lamont More Qualified Than the Great Equivocator

So, a commenter made reference to a Sen. Kerry letter to the editor of the Wall Street Journal from last Friday and I had to embarrassingly admit I missed it. Well, I got my hands on it and it is a scream. Sen. Kerry lauds Mr. Ned Lamont for his courage to stand up to President Bush! It was all I could do to control my laughter.

Let me see if I got this straight, a political novice running on daddy's money is the one that has the courage to stand up to President Bush? Not the Vietnam War hero? Not the Massachusetts state prosecutor? Not the United States Senator with 19 years of experience on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee? Folks, I get tired of typing this with regard to Sen. Kerry, but I cannot make this stuff up.

Anyway, in the letter, which I cannot reproduce (your welcome), Sen. Kerry, oh, sorry, the brilliant Sen. Kerry again reminds us that stupid George W. Bush misled him (I think his sentence is "we were misled" but that's how cowards afraid to take responsibility for their own stupidity write).

My letter to the WSJ:

Editor,

Every time Sen. John F. Kerry writes that he was "misled" is another opportunity to laugh out loud (letters, Lamont Has the Courage to Defy Bush and the War, August 25.).

If only at the time of the vote to authorize the use of force in Iraq we had a United States Senator with prosecutorial experience, you know, the kind of experience that would allow a person to ask tough questions. If only at the time of the vote to authorize the use of force in Iraq we had a United States senator with 19 years of experience on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, you know, someone that had foreign affairs gravitas. Oh, we did? You're kidding me? His name is John F. Kerry?

The citizens of the great state of Massachusetts continue to be the most poorly represented Americans in the United States Senate. (End of letter.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great retort!!!!!!!

just a thought...taking Party affiliation out of the mix. What would Reagan say about the "Lamont beats Lieberman, Lieberman running any way" situation? If Rule #1 is to maintain Party loyalty (can't remember the exact quote), then how are Lieberman's actions consitent with that ?? Does it break because Lamont change the game by running against Lieberman within the Party ? Or is Lieberman given a pass because he's "right" (literally and figuratively)? And is Kerry just invoking Reagan's doctrine?

9:35 PM  
Blogger Zack said...

Hardball,

Fantastic question. Ronald Reagan was arguably one of our greatest President's and the father of the conservative achievments over the last 26 years, but if I do something that he wouldn't approve of, that doesn't make me less of an ardent, loyal Republican/Conservative.

I had resolved that if I lived in Connecticut, I would vote for Sen. Lieberman over the Republican candidate. I don't think this should get me banned from my Party.

I'm a realist. Of Lamont or Lieberman, Lieberman is better for the Country and I would hope Ronnie would give me the pass on that logic.

To my credit, I have lauded Se. Lieberman so many times on this site well before all of the primary activity. Though I disagree with him on many things, I think he is an honorable man.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home