Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The World Knows Best; the Americans Are to Blame

This went to the Boston Globe because former Boston Bruin, Marty McSorely, was run out of town on a rail because he tapped a guy upside the head with a hockey stick and the guy fell like a Frenchman tackled in a World Cup soccer match:

Editor,

Do you think Marty McSorely, among others, is a bit confused by head-butter, Zinedine Zidane, being awarded the Golden Ball for being the Most Valuable Player (italics mine for emphasis) in this year's World Cup?

How exactly do parents explain to their kids that head-butting an opponent is wrong?

Given we're so intellectually inferior to the World here in the United States, maybe FIFA can enlighten us with a defense, I mean, explanation. (End of first letter.)

This went to the Wall Street Journal because they published a partial Zidane apologist piece in yesterday's paper:

Editor,

If the United Nations can allow Venezuela and Cuba (among others) to sit on the UN Commission for Human Rights (italics mine for emphasis), then I'm not surprised in the least that another world body, FIFA, can award the Golden Ball (the World Cup MVP trophy) to a head-butting runner-up (Zidane, op-ed, July 11, A12).

The World, indeed, is mad. (End of second letter.)

International journalists (not FIFA, by the way; I messed this up in my letter), those that probably refuse to call the men that bombed London, Madrid, and Mumbai terrorists, gave Zidane the MVP Award! Again, I must be an idiot because I don't agree with the "enlightened". I guess I just don't "understand" Z. Zidane. I must be so intolerant. It must be the Italian's fault. No, it must be America's fault, we market Grand Theft Auto to the World, after all. The World is exonerated. America head-butted the 2006 World Cup. Quick, let Sean Penn and Tom Petty know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop using logic in your arguments you are going to confuse the liberal extremists

9:09 AM  
Blogger Zack said...

I'm hearing for the first time this morning that FIFA is looking into stripping Zidane of the Golden Ball Award; there is no way for me to tell if my blog was the impetus; it is possible, though. Anyway, ZACKlyRight and first . . . again; as I often write, I don't tire of it.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home