Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Pro-Constitution Justice Stevens

For almost three weeks I’ve been toting around an article I ripped out of the April 18, 2008 New York Times, the big sister to my Boston Globe (both are owned by the same company). The title of the article is, “After a 32-Year Journey, Justice Stevens Renounces Capital Punishment.”

I just wanted to make a(nother!) simple observation about how the liberal media completely distorts fact. You wanna take a guess what the article has to factually acknowledge? You guessed it, Justice Stevens had just voted that Kentucky’s lethal injection form of execution was constitutionally sound.

The will of the people no longer frustrated, let three-drug cocktails flow!

One can almost hear Sen. John F. Kerry, “I voted for capital punishment though I really am against it.”

The above quote is my imagination but Justice Stevens did say, “Learning on the job is essential to the process of judging”, Justice Stevens and the author of the column suggesting Justice Stevens' moves from conservative principles to liberal principles is the process of “learning”. Again, I have no idea what dopey liberals think “capital crime” means as used in the Constitution.

Anyway, Justice Stevens cannot leave the bench soon enough. Recall, I earlier predicted he might resign prior to the November election to make his appointment a campaign issue.

And, let’s hope President McCain does have a litmus test as Presidents Ford (Stevens), Reagan (Kennedy) and Bush 41 (Souter) clearly did not.

There's a good chance nothing until Mother's Day so Happy Mother's Day to the Moms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home