Sunday, May 04, 2008

No Really, Publish the Idiots

This, I'm not kidding, is a letter the Boston Globe thought worthy of publishing on Saturday, May 3:

I FIND it infuriating that our commander in chief can find time to yuk it up on a television game show and engage in comedic routines at the White House correspondents' dinner while our troops are in harm's way. His nose should be to the grindstone, working 24/7 to solve this horrible human tragedy he has chosen to initiate. All other matters should fall by the wayside. The many people whose lives have been devastated by his decision to wage the hell of war deserve better. Just the appearance of our president not having the full weight of our terrible daily reality on his shoulders is, in my opinion, extremely inappropriate and disrespectful to us all. Get to work, Mr. President, and don't stop until you end this nightmare you started (Letter, May 3, A14). (End of idiotic letter.)

My letter in response:

Editor,

Your decision to publish a letter suggesting President Bush is "infuriating" for finding the "time to yuk it up on a television game show" was unconscionable, shameful and blatantly dishonest for its grotesque blindness to the facts of the "appearance" (Letters, May 3, A14).

President Bush taped, in the White House, a 1 minute greeting and good luck wish to a contestant on "Deal or No Deal". The contestant was a highly decorated soldier who served three tours in Iraq.

Of course, the facts of the "appearance" don't support the hate-Bush-all-the-time zealotry of liberal extremists so I completely understand why the context of the "appearance" was hidden from your readers. (End of letter.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

zackly, your letter is better

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if that letter-writer found it "inappropriate and disrespectful to us all" when a former President was doing cigar tricks and receiving blow jobs in the Oval office when he should have had his "nose to the grindstone" doing the work of the American people.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Zack said...

ROC,

letter@globe.com is where you want to direct your outstanding observation.

You know what, with acknowledgement to you here, give me the green light and allow me to use your idea and let me submit a letter if you know you won't.

May 5, 7:54 AM

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not be submitting a letter to the Globe, so by all means feel free to use my idea. However, you may want to substitute "oral sex" for "blow jobs" as I should have done in my original post here. I hope I did not offend you or your readership but my anger and disgust got the better of me as I typed out my thoughts.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Zack said...

ROC,

The letter that went to the Globe about a minute ago:

Editor,

Eight years removed from learning President Clinton was receiving oral sex from a 20 year-old intern in the Oval Office while discussing US troop movements on the telephone with a United States Congressman, it was hysterical to read a hate-Bush extremist declare his outrage that President Bush took two minutes out of his day to wish good luck to a decorated Army captain, Joseph Kobes, who served three tours in Iraq, for his appearance on television's "Deal or No Deal" (Letters, May 3).

As if we needed any more evidence of how completely unhinged the hate-Bush extremists and a compliant liberal media are. (End of letter.)

And, thank you for the laugh when I read your first post above and the great observation. I think we're all adults here so I don't think anyone was offended by something way too many 10 year-olds know, say and do.

May 5, 7:42 PM

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- your letter is excellent.You did a much better job than I would have. Let us all know if the Globe has the sense to publish it.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home