Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We're Fighting a War Where?

I'm still fighting my way through a new client situation; I apologize for the dearth of posts.

On January 19 the commonwealth of Massachusetts is having a special election to fill a vacant US Senate seat.

Last night the two major party candidates, State Attorney General Martha Coakley for the al Fedaban-Americans and State Senator Scott Brown for the Republicans, had their first debate.

This was the headline in my "news"paper this morning: Senate hopefuls fire away in debate; Coakley, Brown at odds over health bill, climate.

Uh, aren't we at war? Didn't President Obama just announce a massive escalation of a war?

Ah, yes, only briefly did Senator Brown get a chance to remind voters that he supports President Obama on Afghanistan, as I do.

In perfect al Fedaban-American form Gen. Coakley retorted, "I won't rubber stamp, because I disagree with the President. I'm happy to say that I do."

Against the charge that she will be a rubber stamp for President Obama, Gen. Coakley happily professes her independence by opposing the President on the single most important issue confronting this President and the Nation. The declaration was nothing but a yawn here in Massachusetts.

Now about that climate change . . .

Please re-read my December 9, 2009 post; it might come in handy if you run into a liberal family member over the holiday season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home