Tuesday, December 01, 2009

What I'll Be Listening For

In just a few hours, the Ditherer-in-Chief will announce his intentions for his war in Afghanistan.

What I'll be listening for tonight is the Ditherer's explanation for why he is escalating the war. Specifically, I'll need to hear "clear and present danger" type language. If I hear a compelling argument for escalation, I'll support President Obama, ditherer though he is.

I'll also be listening for the magic words, "endorsed by my entire war counsel", or similar. What I'll be looking for a few weeks from now if there is anything but a robust pronouncement of universal support from within the war counsel is a resignation or firing (or two).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what do you think of his announcing an escalation and withdrawal in the same speech? By trying to please everyone, he pleases no one. His Afghan "strategy" is no strategy at all and certainly not a plan that will be successful. He owns the war now and the world is watching.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Zack said...

Anonymous,

Our posts crossed.

I support his escalation because I believe he reads really scary stuff in the intelligence reports.

I'm disappointed in the withdrawal announcement but I don't think the dates are reasonable. When has anything this huge been done "on time"? Heck, he can't close a prison in a year, how can he start and complete a counter-insurgency action in a year?

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home