Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More from the Intellectually-Bankrupt

As regular readers of this space know, I occasionally get a chance to exchange emails with a "columnist" from a major national “news”paper. I’ve included those exchanges a few times here so my readers can see how intellectually bankrupt at least one liberal extremist is.

Here is the latest exchange related to an email I sent some friends this morning which was related to my post from this morning; I copied the certain columnist (I’m the odd-numbered entries, the intellectually-bankrupt liberal extremist is the even-numbered entries):

1. Friends,

My list of over 50 significant Obushma reassertions of Bush grew by one this week with the land mine reassertion. If someone wants my complete list as the catalyst for a column on someone who is actually in power (as opposed to a former Gov. who the Boston Globe can't seem to stop hating on), please let me know.

Also, the decision apparently having been made, President Obama is willfully going to wait another 1,435 Bush Schoolhouses* before he announces his new, new, Afghanistan strategy. He will wait another 1,435 Bush Schoolhouses beforehe announces if he's going to properly resource the under-resourced troops he ordered into battle on March 27, 2009.

Too funny.

A safe Thanksgiving to all,

Zack

* - A Bush Schoolhouse is equal to 7 minutes. It's how long it took Bush to process "America is under attack" without upsetting a classroom full of second-graders and before he started to take action. This deliberative 7 minutes, filmed by a media that was not banned (see Obama's ban on returning KIA, Palin speaking at Ft. Bragg, the President playing golf while he ditheres, etc.), apparently too long for the kool-aid drinkers and demagogues.

If the President makes a surprise trip to troops on Thursday, I will not count that as a "reassertion". But, I do hope that your "news"paper has the honesty to rip the President a new one for the disgusting and vile photo-op (think Dover) while he dithers.

2. Hating on? Forget the argument, just correct the idiom. It's way to GenXy. Gen Y-ie, even.

3. Intellectually-bankrupt Liberal Extremist,

C'mon, I included that specifically because of you! Some time ago you sent me a link about ex-Bush staffers "hating on" Obama. Man, I was being extremely creative there.

And that's what you choose to comment on?

I'll be the one supporting Obama's decision next week, provided he explains it sufficiently. I'm on record all over the place that if his national security team says we have to stay or escalate that I'd support that.

Will Code Pink or MoveOn.org or any of the other hate-Bushies be as supportive as I will be?After the Ditherer-in-Chief explains himself, I'd be interested to hear if you support the war time President of the United States or if you'll work to undermine him.

Have a safe Thanksgiving,

Zack

4. Oh my. Are you a Notre Dame guy or am I thinking of someone else? I expect more linguistic precision, not sloppy Gen X idiom, from one who has attended such a fine institution.

5. Intellectually-bankrupt Liberal Extremist,

Yes, I'm a Notre Dame grad. Is the anti-Catholic bigotry next?

I love your non-responsive replies as well.

So I better understand, if you please, what's your motivation? It's the day before Thanksgiving and your signaling that I have some value as you're choosing to give me some of your time (unless, of course, I value your time more than you do). So, what's the motivation?

Zack

6. Well, one of my good friends is married to a woman from Notre Dame and I've always been v. impressed by how well-educated, informed, thoughtful, and well-spoken her circle of college friends is. So I was perplexed to see a Notre Dame grad slip into Gen X patois, that's all.

7. Intellectually-bankrupt Liberal Extremist,

Got it.

Actually, the Columbia/Harvard grad exploited the Gen-X lingo so masterfully, I thought I'd give it a shot. I see I have some distance to go to match the Ditherer-in-Chief. Can I count on you to evaluate my future performance relative to the President's Gen-Xing?

Yo.

Zack

8. Likely you can, as I'm against Gen X-isms in most linguistic incarnations. Happy Thanksgiving. (End of exchange at my election.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the exchange. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if IBLE began to think so highly of Notre Dame only after Obama was honored with the opportunity to speak there? Still, he did prove to be an ignoramus as he never gave any thoughtful reply to your provocations. I'd score it Zack 10, IBLE 0. A bona fide shutout.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous hardball said...

classic limousine liberal exchange. They're (he is) smarter than you (us), how dare you question.

At my Thanksgiving table today I shall ask the group about breast cancer screening, troop deployment decision criteria, central Europe missile deployment, Israeli settlements, and Iran nukes. then i will ask: "what did you expect to happen?"

as an aside, I didn't see the "Friends" email in my email box. Request clarification on criteria applied to your distribution list...

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home