Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Supporting the War Effort or Nationalized Medicine

First, a quick explanation for the dearth of posts lately. I work in a client service industry. For almost all of the last 3 years and 3 months I had a client situation that allowed for enough time to do a post every few days. Last week I started a new client that is not so blog-writer friendly. Once I get settled I hope to post as regularly as I always have.

Back on November 28 I alerted readers to the situation in Massachusetts where we're having a special election in about 30 days to elect a US Senator. Yesterday the primaries were held to determine the candidates. As I wrote back on November 28, the likely candidates are indeed the candidates. For the Democrats, State Attorney General Martha Coakley. If you are familiar with Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada then you have a good idea of how Ms. Coakley will treat the taxpayers. For the Republicans, State Senator Scott Brown.

As I also wrote back on November 28, the election will expose the Democrats as the vile demagogues they truly are. General Coakley is against President Obama's Afghan surge but she supports his bid to nationalize medicine. Sen. Brown suppports President Obama's Afghan surge but is opposed to nationalized medicine.

I will re-visit this theme quite a few times over the next 30 days solely to point out how Democrats could not care less about electing a Senator who will support our wartime Commander-in-Chief. There is will be rationalizations galore explaining why it's OK to oppose the President on his policies to protect Americans and America. There will be fear-mongering galore on the importance of keeping the filibuster-proof majority in the Senate in order to jam nationalized medicine down our throats. I'll be on the look-out for this silliness and I'll post the egregious examples here.

If you live in Massachusetts and you are a Republican who wants to explode the head of a pro-terrorist lobby Democrat, simply let her/him know you are supporting the candidate for the United States Senate who is supporting President Obama (Democrat) and that you would hope they would also if they were concerned at all about America, Americans, and our troops.

I leave you with Republican Scott Brown's 12/1/09 statement in support of President Barack Obama, a Democrat:

“I support President Obama’s decision to add more troops in Afghanistan. Winning the war on terror and defeating the Taliban is essential in preventing another 9/11-style attack. I am disappointed but not surprised to see how far out of step my Democratic opponents are with a President from their own party on a major issue of national security and foreign policy. Their opposition to President Obama shows just how far out of the mainstream they are and my fear is their opposition will jeopardize the safety of our troops and allow Afghanistan to again become a base to export terror around the region and the world.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home