Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Why are we still noticing?

Today, my new favorite Democrat, Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D, IL), who replaces the colossally stupid and cowardly Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), named former Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris to the vacant Illinois U.S. Senate seat.

Every single web story that I have read of the announcement has noted that General Burris is black.

I can only ask: why is the General's skin color important?

As I wrote not too long ago (see my post of November 8, 2008), we will not stop noticing skin color until we have an honest conversation on race in this Country. It seems the liberal extremists who control the media still think it's important to notice skin color even after America elected a black man President (though the informed know President-elect Obama is bi-racial).

Cold Turkey.

Stop noticing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zack said...

My post from Friday, June 29, 2007 titled, "Chief Justice ZACKlyRight" since I just can't let it go that the skin-color obsessed have to stop noticing skin color:

On December 10, 2006, I wrote, 'We will never be a color-blind society until we are a color-blind society.' Please go read the entire post. I'm not going to force it on you by reproducing it here but it is brilliant, though.

In yesterday's U.S. Supreme Court decision striking down racism, the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, John Roberts, wrote, 'The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.'

Back to real time: stop noticing.

I'm not researching all my posts mocking Associate Justice O'Connor's stupid opinion that racism should be tolerated for 25 more years (Grutter v. Bollinger, 2003) but, if she were alive today, would she think the 25 year clock gets re-set to today? Are we to write-off the last five years of "progress"?

December 30, 7:31 pm

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home