Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Philadelphia Inquirer is as Atrocious as the Boston Globe

For those who have been wondering were I’ve been, there has been intense sniper fire in and around my neighborhood and it’s been difficult to work by candlelight lest I invite a bullet if backlit.

It’s been 296 days since Sen. Hillary Clinton declared in a Presidential debate that, “we are safer than we were” on 9/11.

I’ve written before that I liked the mature topics Sen. Joseph Biden (D, DE) tried to address during his failed Presidential run. Well, he was published in the Wall Street Journal again; this time on March 24, 2008. The title of the piece is “After Putin” and I think it’s a pretty decent read on Russo/American relations. I’m pretty sure I’m running afoul of copyright laws by cutting and pasting WSJ articles here so I think I need to stop that practice. I don’t think I can put a direct link to the article here, either. Accordingly, I give you the link in two pieces; simply cut and paste both pieces in your browser to get to the article. If you can’t figure this out, might I recommend the Daily Kos?
http://online.wsj.
com/article/SB120631667357658263.html?mod=opinion_main_commentaries

If anyone harbors any ill feeling toward me because I’ve championed someone who has ever said anything controversial or offensive or hateful, please know I condemn exactly and only those remarks that you found offensive. Wow, what an easy way to please everyone. Thanks, Barack!

From 1974 to 1983, I lived in South Jersey, which, as anyone who has ever lived in either of the Jerseys knows, is a completely different state than North Jersey. Anyway, as I was kind of growing up, my (news)paper of record was the Philadelphia Inquirer (my first letter to the editor was published in the Inquirer in 1980!). At the time, I knew the paper to be liberally extreme. Well, visiting family over the Easter weekend, I was reminded just how liberal the (news)paper is.

My letter to the Philadelphia Inquirer; no introduction needed:

Editor,

I'm sure to the ill-informed (read: liberal extremists), political cartoonist Rob Rodgers' cartoon depicting a VP Dick Cheney in a rabbit costume declaring, "Iraq is a major success," while holding the hand of a President Bush declaring, "I still believe in the Easter Bunny," with both hopping and skipping, respectively, through a field of skulls in Iraq was funny.

The informed, however, know that Sen. Hillary Clinton actually did declare success in Iraq. While addressing the Take Back America conference on June 20, 2007, Sen. Clinton declared, "the American military has succeeded" in Iraq. Indeed, truth is stranger than political humor.

Simply, Sen. Clinton should have been depicted holding the hand of the Cheney Bunny.

Oh, would the truth have harmed a liberal extremist in an upcoming Democratic presidential primary in Pennsylvania? Okay, now I get it. (End of letter.)

It’s been 279 days since Sen. Hillary Clinton declared victory in Iraq.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home