Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Measure of a National Political Party

I don’t know if Sen. Larry Craig committed a crime. I think on September 30, 2007, he will no longer be in the United States Senate.

Simply, I think the warm, loving embrace Democrats give Sen. Edward Kennedy, Sen. Robert C. Byrd, his racist past documented here many times, and Rep. William Jefferson, to list just a few, and the warm, loving embrace Democrats gave Rep. Gerry Studds, who actually had sex with a U.S. House of Representative page, say waaayyyy more about the Democratic Party than whatever Sen. Larry Craig did in an airport men’s restroom says about the Republican Party.

And, unrelated to the depravity of the national Democratic Party, am I the only guy concerned that the arresting officer, Sgt. Dave Karsnia, in the Craig incident said the following during the post-arrest interrogation, “I expect this from the guy that we get out of the hood”? Wow, this comment smacks of racism but since he’s arresting a Republican what does the liberal media care about his possible bigotry? Or, maybe I’m just reading too much into the word “hood”.

Related to the depravity of the national Democratic Party, I think the Clinton/Hsu Campaign scandal is not going to disappear as quietly and quickly as the liberal media desire. Though I can find no mention of this scandal in my (news)paper over the last few days, more inquisitive people than those at the Boston Globe are investigating this so I think we will be reading more about this scandal in the future. And, when the U.S. Justice Department finally indicts people in this scandal, look for the national Democrats and their friends in the liberal media to talk about a “politicized” Justice Department, the reputations of career prosecutors be damned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree the Hsu scandal isn't going away anytime soon. Governor Rendell (D-PA) is currently wiping the egg off his face and probably won't be the last politician to do so before Hsu's name becomes a distant memory.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home