Friday, March 23, 2007

Back On-Line!

Folks, my blog host, Blogger.com, is trying to move blogs to a new format. My conversion did not go so well and for over a week I was unable to access my own blog. Well, as you see, I've been restored, but this is the old format. I'm reluctant to try again with the conversion. This format works fine for me.

As everyone here knows (see posts of November 9, 15, 16, December 16, and January 20), the 2006 elections were not the repudiation of the war in Iraq that liberal extremists insist. I won't repeat the facts I shared in those posts here, but I encourage everyone to go check 'em out.

In light of the Assemblee National's vote today, I sent this letter to the Boston Globe today so it may run opposite the lead story:

Editor,

No doubt on the front page of your newspaper today is a story that portrays yesterday's vote in the Assemblee National (formerly the U.S. House of Representatives but now named after the lower house of the French Parliament) setting a September 2008 date for the surrender of U.S. troops in Iraq as a victory for Madame Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

As I've been saying since last November, the 2006 elections were not the repudiation of the Iraq war that liberal extremists, and a completely non-inquisitive and completely, compliant liberal media, insist they were. Very briefly, Maj. Tammy Duckworth would have won, Rep. Jean Schmidt would have lost and the 8 incumbant Senate Democrats who voted for the war in October 2002 and subsequent funding every single chance they had would not have been re-elected by the astronomical margins that they were if the elections were such a repudiation.

But yesterday takes the cake. Assemblee Democrats added! $22 billion! dollars to President Bush's $100 billion request for supplemental spending for the war and Assemblee Democrats set a September 2008! surrender date and this is the manifestation of their "mandate"? A round of Kool-Aid for everyone!

The "sit & spin" was the favorite childhood toy of anyone that thinks yesterday's vote was a victory for Madame Speaker or that the 2006 elections were a repudiation of the war in Iraq. (End of letter.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell us this letter got published. Loved it.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home