Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Is Obama’s National Security Adviser a Liar?

I do not think President Obama’s National Security Adviser, General James Jones, is a liar.

I believed Gen. Jones when he said back in early October, “I don't foresee the return of the Taliban. Afghanistan is not in imminent danger of falling."

I believed Gen. Jones when he said, "The al Qaeda presence is very diminished. The maximum estimate is less than 100 operating in the country, no bases, no ability to launch attacks on either us or our allies."

The question really is, given President Obama’s recent, all-out assault on the Bush Administration and its efforts in Afghanistan, does President Obama think Gen. Jones is a liar?

I’d say he apparently does.

On top of Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and CIA Director Leon Panetta, I'd now say there is enough evidence for President Obama to fire, or ask for the resignation of, Gen. Jones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home