Wednesday, March 10, 2010

But What's My Point?

This was the Associated Press article that my (news)paper published today:

Former congressman admits to groping staffer
WASHINGTON - Former US representative Eric Massa of New York, who resigned from Congress amid sexual harassment allegations, acknowledged yesterday groping a staff member but denied it was sexual.

“It doesn’t make any difference what my intentions were; it’s how it’s perceived by the individual who receives that action,’’ Massa said on conservative commentator Glenn Beck’s Fox News Channel show. “I’m telling you I was wrong. I was wrong. My behavior was wrong. I should have never allowed myself to be as familiar with my staff as I was.’’

The Washington Post, citing anonymous sources, reported yesterday that the House ethics panel is investigating allegations Massa groped multiple male staff members in his office. Massa has previously claimed his misconduct was limited to using inappropriate language with staffers.

Asked directly on Beck’s program whether he sexually groped anyone, Massa replied: “No, no, no.’’

Massa, however, recalled tickling a staff member at a birthday party.

“Now they’re saying I groped a male staffer,’’ Massa said. “Yeah, I did. Not only did I grope him, I tickled him until he couldn’t breathe, and four guys jumped on top of me. It was my 50th birthday and it was kill the old guy.’’

Massa said his actions may have been misinterpreted.

“If somebody on my staff was offended, uncomfortable, thought I was inappropriate, I own that,’’ Massa said. “It’s why I resigned.’’ (End of AP article.)

I'm not kidding.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'll bite. What is your point?

9:11 PM  
Blogger Zack said...

Anonymous,

How many times did you read the article?

If only once, read it again and it will jump out at you.

9:44 pm; 3/11

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I think I got it. Is it the fact that he emphatically denies groping and then moments later contradicts that by emphatically admitting that he did indeed grope?

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home